Shimadzu has been pursuing what thermal analysis instruments should be since developing the DT-1 in 1958, the first differential thermal analyzer in Japan. Today, Shimadzu Thermal Analysis Systems offer unmatched flexibility in material characterization with either complete standalone functionality or multi-system operation for up to 4 units.
The 60 Series encompasses the fully integrated DTG-60, which features a newly designed, integrated balance assembly that enables easy, accurate simultaneous TG/DTA measurements. The TMA-60 offers precise measurements over an expanded detection range, while the DSC-60, equipped standard with a cooling chamber, delivers powerful performance with a range of integrated functions. A vast array of sample pans and cooling accessories helps meet the most rigorous experimental routines.
For applications demanding automation and throughput, check out the DSC-60A and DTG-60A/60AH models, which have a built-in automatic sampler that delivers easy operation and programming, and enables long-term automated analysis.
Differential Scanning Calorimeter
The DSC-60 Plus is an indispensable thermal analyzer for materials characterization in R&D and quality control applications in such areas as polymers, pharmaceuticals, electronic parts , foods , etc . It offers the sensitivity and easy operation required for the development of high-performance, highly functional new materials.
1. High-Performance General-Purpose DSC
- High sensitivity and high resolution
Stable baseline from ultra-low to high temperatures
The new detector in the DSC-60 Plus series and the unique furnace construction achieve a stable baseline across the entire measured temperature range (-140-600°C) as well as top-class calorimetric sensitivity for a DSC. It features a wide dynami measurement range of ±150 mW.
2. Diverse Measurements by Simple Operations
- Cooling chamber installed as standard
Sample loading temperature function is convenient for sample replacement
The liquid-nitrogen cooling chamber permits easy measurements below room temperature without having to install special accessories. The sample loading temperature function enables quick sample change during sequential analysis without moisture codensation.
3. Complies with Analytical Laboratory Regulations
The DSC-60 Plus series complies with various guidelines involving analytical laboratories, such as the PIC/S GMP guidelines, and electronic record/electronic signature (ER/ES) regulations, including the US FDA 21 CFR Part11. In addition, it is compatible with other analytical instruments and connected network systems.
TG/DTA Simultaneous Measuring Instrument
Simultaneous TG/DTA improves ease of operation, sensitivity and analytical accuracy of conventional standalone systems.
If flexibility and high performance is needed in various applications, the new DTG-60/60H combines them all: Basic functions required by simultaneous thermogravimetry/differential thermal analysis (TG/DTA) measurements are improved. Atmosphere control is programmable. As in DSC, the TA-60WS provides advanced acquisition, analysis and report functions which ensure comfortable simultaneous measurements.
The DTG-60A is a new automatic DTG which defines new standards in autosampler technology. The built-in automatic sampler can easily be operated and programmed, compared to the complicated operation and setup of conventional autosamplers.
Up to 24 samples can be set up for analysis and additional sample trays can be used to quickly reload the autosampler, providing more than 24 hours of fully automatic analysis at one time.Learn More
Capable of evaluating the mechanical characteristics of materials, the TMA-60/60H thermomechanical analyzers are applicable to a number of measurement methods* (expansion, tension, and penetration) for a variety of samples.
* The TMA-60 is capable of measurement using the total expansion method, while the TMA-60H uses the differential expansion method.
- The multifunctional TMA-60 (-150°C to 600°C, ambient temperature to 1,000°C), which uses the total expansion method, is capable of accommodating every mode for samples with a variety of shapes (such as rods, films, and fibers), and for different types of measurements (compression, tension, and penetration). (Use the LTB-60 cooling furnace, provided separately, which features one-touch replacement, for measurements below ambient temperature.）
- For more accurate measurement of thermal expansion for ceramics and glass, the TMA-60H (ambient temperature to 1,500°C), which uses the differential expansion method, provides accurate results into the high temperature range.
- A new high-accuracy, low drift displacement sensor has been adopted. Thanks to high-accuracy digital displacement sensors, measurement accuracy with the TMA-60/60H is dramatically improved in comparison to conventional TMA, which uses displacement sensors (differential transformers). At the same time, the wide ± 5 mm range (twice that of our conventional instruments) delivers high-accuracy TMA (thermomechanical analysis) covering from minute to significant deformations.
- The TMA-60’s automatic sample measurement functions are truly innovative. With the TMA-60’s automatic measurement method, sample deformation is measured directly by the sensor. As a result, higher accuracy results are obtained in comparison to methods in which sample length is calculated from the distance the motor travels.
- Both the TMA-60 and TMA-60H furnace units are easily replaced, and the plug-in sample thermal sensor radically simplifies maintenance.
- Featuring 2 gas flow channel systems as standard, the instrument allows independent introduction of detector purge gas or water vapor and reaction gas. (Use the optional FC-60A to interlock gas switching control with the temperature program.)
- The instrument is equipped with a cooling fan, which automatically cools the furnace after the measurements.
- The instrument can be connected to a TW-60WS software system, recognized as the leading software in the thermal analysis instrument industry. Take advantage of convenient operations and a variety of applications in a Windows operating environment.
TGA-50/50H And TGA-51/51H
These thermobalances give satisfying performance with respect to all criteria in vibration tolerance, stability, noise level, tolerance of room temperature fluctuations, and more. Changes in mass on the order of several micrograms (10 µg with the 51) can be clearly detected. Hot temperature H-types and the macro 51-types are available as needed for applications in ceramics, catalysts, and other fields.
- Temperature range: Room temperature to 1000°C/Room temperature to 1500°C (H-type)
- Measurement range: ±20, ±200 mg (50-type)
- Measurement range: ±20, ±200, ±2000 mg (51-type)
- Maximum sample weight: 1 g (including wind bag)/10 g (including wind bag, 51-type)
Micro and Macro Series of Thermogravimetric Analyzers With Advanced Thermobalance Design
Precise Measurements to 1 g
Efficient Evolved Gas Analysis
Increased Functionality The TGA-51/51H Analyzes Up To 10 Grams of SampleWhile
Maintaining Precision In the g Range
Airtight Design Safely Performs Measurements In Hydrogen Atmosphere
Extensive Selection of Sample Crucibles
Differential Thermal Analyzer
High Temperature (ambient to 1500°C) heat-flux Differential Thermal Analyzer
This DTA uses a dumbbell-shaped detector. A temperature controller, gas flow adjuster, and transmission interface have all been incorporated into a slim, 173 cm-wide body. A high-temperature DSC function is also included.
- Temperature range: Room temperature to 1500°C
- Measurement range: ±0.2 to ±1000 μV (from ±0.2 mW)
- Heating speed: 0 to +50°C/min
- High Temperature Heat Flux DTA, Provides Quantitative Calorimetry Measurements Quick Response and High Sensitivity Accurate Temperature Control High Temperature DSC Type Performance Rapid Atmosphere Purge
Thermal Analysis Workstation
Global data transfer via Internet mail
Your E-mail software can be started simply by selecting the menu on the TA-60WS analysis screen. Since edited thermal analysis data are immediately added as an attachment file, it can be directly sent to overseas plants or distant sections in your company. A received data file can be opened on the analysis screen simply by double-clicking it, and also can be re-analyzed, output or transferred. (To transfer data, Internet mail environment is required.)
Supporting OLE, the thermal analysis software starts simply by clicking the required thermal analysis data inserted in the MS-WORD(R) or MS-EXCEL(R) file, and gets ready for re-analysis and modification of the data. The reports and study summaries are linked to the inserted thermal analysis data. Thus, when saving the report file, its thermal analysis data is automatically saved to facilitate document management.
Personal screens and printing formats
You can set the graph size, line type and width of data curves, division intervals, length of additional lines and number of digits for numeric values as you like to create your own layout and format. With the print preview function, you can foresee the print imaging and eliminate unnecessary printout.
Data calibration and traceability
To correct the measured data, you can use functions, such as the data processing including smoothing, baseline drift and temperature correction or calculation of the differentiated curve. Correction history is inserted to the data file and displayed on the screen/report as required to ensure traceability and GLP conformity.
Simultaneous analysis of overlaid data curves
When analyzing thermal analysis data, you may often overlay a series of measured data curves in a single graph sheet in order to clarify the difference between the samples. Unlike the conventional software packages, the TA-60WS software can perform simultaneous analysis of the superposed curves for all the items, e.g., melting temperature of the respective samples. Full Windows(R) 95/98/NT compatibility
Windows(R) 95/98/NT has excellent functions and features such as situation-dependent help, shared folder, drag & drop, and page setup. The TA-60WS software can use these functions and features because of its compatibility with Windows(R). In addition, its operating environment is common to other software for general use or instrument control.
If the power supply is cut off during measurement, the current data are still available
Compatible with general-purpose software
The TA-60WS software allows the specified items, such as file information, measurement parameters, analysis results, to be converted to ASCII format and output to the clip board or saved as a file.